Wednesday, August 28, 2013
So, I was reading an article on Harper's Bazaar.com that talks about how you can help fight stress. One of the things that stuck out to me were the five apps that were listed at the bottom of the article. You can read the full article here.
5 APPS TO COMBAT STRESS:
HEADSPACE Try the site's guided-mindfulness meditation sessions on the go, for relaxation sessions that are quicker than your average cab ride.
STRESS CHECK Measure your immediate stress levels and track them over time, learning novel ways to cope in the process.
CLEVELAND CLINIC STRESS MEDITATIONS Manage stress through any of the eight techniques in this Wellness Institute–designed program.
iSLEEP EASY Deep breathing leads to deep sleeping with this app, a meditation-based substitute for sleeping pills.
YOGIC BREATH Tap into pranayama, or yogic breathing, with easy instruction in a selection of breathing techniques
I have not tried any of these yet but I have started downloading the Yogic Breath one. What about you? Have you found these to be useful? Do you have any App suggestions?
Continuing having a great ball of sunshiny day!!
Monday, August 26, 2013
Hi Sunshines! Happy Tuesday! I wanted to share with you some kewl new ways to de-stress. I've found out that sometimes, a change of style is in order! Not all of us have the financial means to change our style, so I've found a less expensive way. The outfit to your left was compiled by Stylish Eve! I've gone online in search of a less expensive option. Get the complete outfit minus the jacket for less than $105.00
Check back later for more fashion tips!
As always, have a bright ball of sunshiny day!
Plus Size Polka Dot Dress - Forever 21-$24.80
Regular sized polka dot dress- Forever 21-$14.80
Brown Shades- Forever 21-$5.80
Brown Pumps- Just Fab $39.95
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Hello Sunshines! If you are like me, you can find yourself easily stuck in traffic for 45 minutes to an hour each day going and leaving work. This can easily lead to traffic depression. It is so easy to become frustrated while sitting in traffic. You wake up feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day but the hour you spend in traffic on your way to work can easily eat away at your awesome mood. Not only do you feel like you are wasting time, but you are burning gas too.
So what can you do to stop traffic depression?
Here are some tips on how you can remain energized as you make your morning commute.
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- The best way to start your day off right is to eat a healthy breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it will help you keep your energy up while you are stuck in traffic.
- Make a Traffic Jam playlist
- Jamming to your favorite tunes increases your endorphins which in turn makes you feel great! Put together a playlist of your favorite songs and jam your commute away!
- Use a voice recorder to record your future goals and things you want to accomplish for the day, week, year, etc.
- Use the voice recorder on your smart phone or purchase one. While you are sitting in traffic, this can be a great way to record your goals so you won't forget them. Since texting while driving is illegal and dangerous, you can hit your record key and record away!
As always, have a nice, bright, ball of sunshiny day!
Friday, August 23, 2013
Hi Sunshines!! I Just wanted to introduce myself to the blog world.
This is my first blog and I hope to spread Rays of Sunshine to everyone!
There is so much negativity out there and I feel that it's up to each and everyone of us to make the world a little more nicer and brighter.
Tomorrow I will discuss "Traffic Depression/Road Rage," and what you can do to prevent it.
As always, continue to have a bright Ball of Sunshiny Day!
-Positive Phe :)